Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Answering questions

Good evening! I originally made this for my followers on Tumblr, but I've had some trouble uploading it on there, so I'm going to drop it here instead. In this video, I answer a few burning questions from readers about The Mime Order and On the Merits of Unnaturalness. You can watch the first part of the video without spoilers, but please listen out for the warning partway through if you don't want to hear some very big ones from the end of the book.

THIS VIDEO CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS
AND AN AUTHOR'S REAL FACE 

video

9 comments:

  1. Ms Shannon, the video will not play. Safari keeps telling me it's an invalid link. Please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Sorry, I'm not sure why that is. It works on my end.

      Delete
  2. I had to use the computer instead of my cell phone to view the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we ask questions on here?
    If so, here's one:

    If ameurotics and voyants are incompatible (and Paige's episode in the nightclub along with Arcturus' subsequent explanation), what of Alfred and his wife? Is there a hidden secret to do with Alfred and his bride? I hope there is happiness in stock for him; he reads as such a sweet man (and I am imagining him as Stephen Fry).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure!

      They're not totally incompatible – it'll be explained more in later books. And Alfred is definitely a little Fry-esque…

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    When I write and leave out certain things, or I'm ambiguous, or there are silences or unfinished sentences, it's always deliberate. And I prefer readers to be able to assign their own meanings to the words, rather than me explaining what I meant by them, so feel free to interpret their exchange as you will. I'm so glad the conversation moved you – I enjoyed writing that scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much appreciated, Samantha. So glad that you're sharing your exceptional writing talent to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Asia catches on to your books and you make a trip here!

    ReplyDelete