Sunday, 7 April 2013

Little break

Hi guys,

I'm going to be taking a month's break from blogging while I study for my Finals, which start on 13th May and finish on the 21st. This is proving to be quite a hectic time for me, as I've been under the weather for a few weeks and am woefully behind on my work. I like to take my time over my blog entries, and while I'm trying to cram my protesting brain with quotes and dates, that time is eluding me. In the meantime, I'll still be around on Twitter, because I've become utterly addicted and even a degree cannot tear me from my tweeting. 

Some general bookish news for the coming month:


  • If you live or study in Oxford, or fancy a quick trip there, I'll be speaking at Waterstones Oxford for World Book Night on 23 April at 6pm. It's a free event and you'll be able to reserve a copy of The Bone Season. And see me stammering my way heroically through one of my first public speeches. RJ Anderson will be launching her new YA novel, Quicksilver, at 5pm. 
  • If you'd like to win a limited edition ARC of The Bone Season, you're in luck! The publicity team are looking for early readers in the UK, USA, Australia and New Zealand. All you have to do is email welcometoscion@thinkjam.com with up to 200 words on why you love reading. According to the Facebook page, you'll also get to be involved in "many other great things". Sounds intriguing.
  • Finally, if you're attending BookExpo America 2013, I'll be there on Friday and Saturday. I'll be speaking with my American editor on a panel and signing proofs of The Bone Season in the autographing area. It's always been my dream to be an author at BEA; I'm looking forward to meeting lots of fellow bibliophiles.

See you in a month!

    18 comments:

    1. dear sam
      we're gonna miss your blogging then for a whole month, but I wish you luck in your exams, I live too far to attend your evening, I know you'll do well, so you go girl

      ReplyDelete
    2. Good luck with the World Book Night event! Also really cool to hear that R.J. Anderson will be there. Loved Quicksilver. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I haven't read it, but I'll be buying a copy – the synopsis on Goodreads sounds brilliant.

        Delete
    3. Maybe a bit hectic, but still sounds like an exciting time for you. Once you finish school, you can really start focusing on being the author you're supposed to be!

      Good luck with the speeches and the finals-hope you knock them out to the aether! (If I can make that a phrase?)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Can't wait to get back to being author. And you can totally make that phrase!

        Delete
    4. Thanks for the mention. Looking forward to meeting you on the 23rd! THE BONE SEASON sounds terrific and I'm excited to read it when it comes out.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Look forward to meeting you, too – your books sound so inventive!

        Delete
    5. You'll be missed! I bet your World Book Night speech will be fabulous. I'm so jealous of everyone attending :).

      Good luck with your exams and I hope you're feeling better!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I still need to write the speech, but thank you! *also hopes it will be fabulous* And feeling a bit better now, thanks. x

        Delete
    6. Is there any possibility I could win a limited edition ARC? I'm an Aussie but live in Japan.. :( I would love to add a proper review to my pre-release review!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think the location restriction is to do with shipping... do you still have an address in Australia, or someone that could pick the book up for you if you won?

        Delete
      2. Yeah, I have an address in Australia. :) Perhaps I'll try entering!

        Delete
    7. Good luck with your exams, and with your first book! I'm in a similar boat - in fact, I think we have the same copy editor - my book is out in October. No exams, though! Very best of luck with them and I will look out for the book.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much! What's your book called?

        Delete
    8. It's been a while that I've been able to log on. All of this looks really cool! :) Is it too late to try to do the submission for the limited ARC, by the way?

      Good luck with everything! :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I think the closing date might be today... and thank you!

        Delete
    9. hey, random question? How has getting your book deal affected your friends/family. do you find you have more friends, do you feel 'famous', has it changed any of your relationships?

      ReplyDelete